The perfect post-Easter meal. Heathens might call it "eggs creamed over toast."
Eggs a la GoldenrodThe perfect post-Easter meal. Heathens might call it "eggs creamed over toast."Ryan Moulton
2 1/4 Cups
Bread or English Muffins
- Split the eggs into whites and yolks. Chop the whites.
- Press the yolks through a seive with a spoon to make a powder.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Don't let it brown.
- Blend in flour and seasonings with a whisk or wooden spoon. Stir until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly to keep it from getting lumpy.
- Heat slowly to boiling and stir for 1 minute. Stir in egg whites and heat through
- Toast the bread or English muffins.
- Spread the cream sauce over the toast. Sprinkle the yolks on top. A sprig of parsley and a sprinkle of paprika makes a nice garnish.